Monday, September 1, 2014

Planes, Trains and Bears, Oh My!

TRANSPORTATION:  Every so often at the foot of our hill, you get to see something pretty darn unique - planes on trains! No doubt they're coming from the Everett manufacturing facility. 

I wish I knew more about just what fuselages these are. Obviously, the're not super big, but they're definitely Boeing. I suggested Christian post the photo to Seattle Reddit. I bet he gets an answer post haste about what we're seeing here. 

IT COUNTS:  Christian taught the kids how to play cribbage today. I haven't played in years, but found myself saying "fifteen two ..." and so on automatically. 
What a great game to teach kids arithmetic and strategy. 

WALK IN THEATER: So, because it's September and summer is practically OVER, we finally decided to test drive our outdoor movie setup tonight. For a couple years we've had a cheap hook-it-up-to-your-laptop projector thanks to a Groupon or Woot deal or something like that, and for Christmas, I bought Christian an outdoor movie screen. Tonight we finally set it all up and watched "Bad News Bears."

Happily, the technology served us well. We were all up on the roofdeck.  The kids watched cozily, from their cots, and Christian and I sat on the swing we scored for free on the roadside.  If only we hadn't been out of popcorn, it would have been perfect!






1 comment: