Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthday Bash

CHECK IT OUT: I'm not going to pretend we did a lot of schoolin' today, unless you consider schoolin' majoring in fondant and painting off pinatas.

Trying to buy myself some time to decorate and clean (hey, just keepin' it real, here), I fed the kids several worksheets this a.m.
The worksheets were about fractions and telling analog time. After the kids were done, it dawned on me that I should have them check each other's papers. (I don't know why I never thought of that before!) By reviewing each other's work, they have to, in effect, do each other's work as well. Double bonus!

GUTTING IT OUT: In an all out push to finish the Luke-in-a-dead-tauntaun birthday cake, I employed CJ and Annabelle's skills. They helped me mix the right intestine colored fondant and then they rolled it out and we twirled and draped it.

Here's the nearly-finished product of our labors. ... PAINTERS: We also finished off our pinata. All that was left to do today was the accenting. We had a few hundred squares to paint. I decided to go old school and fetched a couple of potatoes from the basement. I cut a couple down, leaving rectangles protruding. We used those as stamps and got busy.
Apologies for the lack of content. We'll be back at it tomorrow, I promise. ;)

2 comments:

  1. "When you have to do, do; don't talk/write." paraphrasing Tuco Ramierez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatdyamean, "No Content" -- Seemed like a whole lot of great schooling going on there!

    ReplyDelete