Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Peas in a Pod

WARM FUZZY: I almost deleted this photo, as I was disappointed with how out of focus and fuzzy it is. Then I stopped to think, "Well 'fuzzy' is really what it's all about."

I took it at about 8 this a.m. while countless families with similarly aged children were, no doubt, running around like crazy, trying to find shoes, backpacks, homework, lunches and such.


There is none of that chaos here on the vast majority of mornings. Rather, our mornings are mostly quiet, peaceful, cozy times. And for that, I am most grateful.

BELLY UP TO THE BAR: The kids worked on some Musikgarten homework early, including transcribing some measures and practicing playing a song.Kennedy was here at the time, and so it was fun to have him chime in (sometimes literally) when they were struggling with a song on their glockenspiels.

4/1 FLASHBACK: I logged into Morguefile, a stock photo sharing site, to visit my photographic progeny and low and behold, MPA's April Fool's project was on their front page today. "Hey! Those are our cupcakes!" Annabelle proclaimed with a measure of pride.

FLOOR SHOW:
This afternoon CJ and Annabelle were playing Hot Wheels on the living room floor. There was plenty of dialogue between the characters they were playing and at one point I heard CJ said, "And the adults are talking about somethings the kids don't care about, 'Blah, blah, blah.' "

LOL! It reminded me of all of the teacher's voices on Peanuts cartoons.

I love their floor time - the conversations and contraptions they come up with. Annabelle's on a big kick using her ZhuZhu Pets to pull things around.

POPPED OUT: CJ walked out of the bathroom today, telling me his tooth was loose after brushing. I'll say - it popped right out when I touched it!
I sure hope Mr. Tooth Fairy has some cash in his wallet. I know for a fact all Mrs. Tooth Fairy has is plastic in her purse. ...

COUPON QUEEN: Annabelle found a Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores mailer on our counter today and took it upon herself to cut out some 50 and 60 percent off coupons. She presented them to me and then a few minutes later was back with an even BETTER coupon!

Maybe she's been watching "Extreme Couponing?"

1 comment: