Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Short Stuff

MODEL CITIZEN: Today I got an email from Dr. Kenneth L. Rosenauer, Professor, English, Foreign Languages, and Journalism, Missouri Western State University.

Dr. Rosenauer wrote, "I'd like very much to use one of your images at MorgueFile: peanutbuttercookies.jpg.

Your daughter, perhaps? Whoever it is, though, do you have a model release or can you get one?


I'm hoping to use this image in a college copy editing textbook I'm writing for Oxford University Press."

Yes, that would be my daughter. :)

So, we got squared away on the "model" release and the photo of Bee making cookies will appear in a copy editing textbook, coming soon, to a campus near you.

WATER LOGGED:
While picking up around the house tonight, Christian noticed one of the kids left a cup of water on our sweet ol' wood coffee table, leaving a small water spill/ring. He called out to the kids, asking whose water left the mark. "Oh boy. Literally," Annabelle answered.

EYES HAVE IT: At one point today, Annabelle said to me, "When I stare into CJ's eyes, sometimes, I can see myself. And then I think, 'That's how I look to him.' "

:)

THAT'S ALL, FOLKS: I'm still in the midst of Cake Hell, so this is a super abbreviated post. I will tell you that we did do math and grammar exercises today. Oh, and the kids watched "Dumb and Dumber" while I was whipping up about 10 pounds of buttercream. I'm pretty sure that last part won't win me any "Parent of the Year" awards. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard not to laugh uproariously when watching "Dumb and Dumber" for the first time.

    Just think, Google is coming out with an app for the iPhone where you can snap a picture and then "google" the photo and see all the times CJ and Bee images have been used around the world.

    ReplyDelete