Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Act Two

ONE AND ONLY: Here's our tomatillo crop. Bountiful, no?

We do have a number of other lantern-like thingees hanging off our plant with tiny lil tomatillos in 'em, but I don't know if they're going to get enough sunlight to come to their full fruition, so to speak.

This lovely little organic edible went into some south of the border chicken soup I threw together this afternoon.

MORNING REPORT:
This morning we worked on math (a chapter review assignment, which the kids didn't have much trouble with - except, in Annabelle's case, for the problems she skipped. She has a bit of a problem with that.
You'll note in the photo above that the kids both go to counting on their fingers sometimes. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems like I've always heard counting on your fingers is a bad thing. But then again, if the answer is right, does it matter how you got there?

CLASSY: This afternoon Christian (once again) took CJ to his Theater of Possibility acting class and sat in on the fun. I'm told by the two of them that there was some improv during class time and that CJ especially enjoyed that portion of it. When I asked CJ how he liked acting today, he said, with great enthusiasm, "I'm looking forward to the next class!" I don't think I've ever heard him say that about any subject/class. Yay for all of us!

Meanwhile, down in Columbia City, I was sitting in on Annabelle's yoga class. Her yoga instructor had asked me to film the class so that she could show her yoga teacher (the yoga teacher's yoga teacher, in case that's not clear).

In all these years, I'd never sat in on one of the kids classes. I've always known it was wonderful, because their teacher is really awesome, but was neat to see what actually goes on in there. It's lots of fun, as well as a great mental and physical experience for them.

CAPED CRUSADER: Imagine my surprise tonight when flipping through the channels and discovering that "Batman"the live action series from the '60s, was on the Hub network. Yes, please! So we four enjoyed an episode with Cesar Romero as the Joker. Pow! Biff! Great fun!

3 comments:

  1. Counting on fingers slows one down, I hear, but it's as old as humanity I suppose.

    I remember Cesar Romero as The Joker!! And Burgess Meridith as the Penquin, and Frank Gorshin as the Riddler and Victor Buono as...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buono was King Tut - maybe my favorite villain from that series, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete