Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Scrappy

TEXTURED: In science class today, the kids used different swatches of fabric to make collages. Annabelle made a princess owl. CJ, well when I asked to see his creation he replied, "I hate to burst your bubble but I didn't finish mine." He seemed a little nonplussed with the project overall. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

CJ did do a lovely job on his homework for science class. I was really impressed with his drawings - especially his reproduction of my canvas bacon and egg shopping bag.

MEANWHILE, IN THE ART ROOM: I was pretty surprised to see Annabelle walking out of the art room with this today. I think the Susan G. Kommen Foundation would approve. :)

I asked her why she chose to make the pink ribbon. She said, "I was just thinking what would be an interesting project that I might be able to take home? I made it with tinfoil, paper and tape, that's all it is." She chose pink, metallic purple and metallic brown to paint it."

Today while the kids were in class, I actually got some work done. It was fabulous. I was able to file their monthly reports (a requirement to attend their school), as well as do some research for some IN ADVANCE lesson planning (instead of doing so many things on the fly).

SHOPPING: We've been working on an art project for the past couple of days. Rick's birthday is coming and as party decorations, we're putting his mug on some sci fi movie posters. This has given CJ and Annabelle an opportunity to improve and refine their Photoshop skills.

One of the posters we're doing is "The Matrix." Out with Keanu Reeves, in with Rick ... It was CJ's idea to change the actor's name on the poster to Rick's and he even had plenty of helpful suggestions to make that happen.
MASKED MAN: We're starting to pull the Halloween decorations and costumes out of closets. CJ thinks he looks pretty menacing in this. OVERHEARD: Overheard CJ muttering in his bedroom: "I can't seem to get my underwear on while eating this cookie ..."

I'm sure we've all had that problem at one point or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment