Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Number 9

STITCH IN TIME: This afternoon, the kids' Science Explorers class continued to explore textiles. The 'lab' portion involved a whole bunch of 5-8 year olds hand stitching a pillow. I know, I know, sounds simple enough. It's 'just' a straight running stitch, after all. But have you tried keeping a dozen plus primary schoolers in needle and thread? There are these things called knots that make it hard. That, and the fact that instead of just stitching up and down/through the fabric, they have this habit of wanting to go out and around the edge of the fabric, which means their thread has to be cut and you pretty much have to start over.

There were a number of frustrated souls in that class today, including CeeJ and Bee. But those two had to wait, because I knew that I could help them at home. Instead, I helped their classmates. Sorry, (my) kids.

TODDLERS & TIARAS: This afternoon, Annabelle spied some eyeshadow laying around the house. It was a leftover of a Halloween party I was getting ready for last Saturday.
Anyway, she found the makeup and said to me this afternoon, "I know how to use this. Can I put some on?" My first thought was, "She's watched YouTube more than me. She probably knows how to do the perfect Kardashian smoky eye." And so I shrugged, and said OK.
I (quietly) laughed when Bee emerged with her smoky eyes. (and eyebrow). I have to admit, I've never been a fan of blue eye shadow on brown eyed people myself. Or course I didn't tell her that. I told her she looked beautiful. :)

BARF O RAMA: On our way home from celebrating our 9th anniversary dinner tonight at McMenamins Queen Anne, we came up behind this car (happy anniversary to us!). Normally, I'd NEVER put a car with its license on my blog but clearly this one WANTS to be here.
Go ahead, Google or Yahoo! to your heart's content. Why anyone would plan ahead for barfing is beyond me.

1 comment: