Friday, January 13, 2012

Fast Friday

BARGAIN BASEMENT: How much fun can 52 cents buy? You're looking at it. It's a a heavily armored hamster, also known as a Kung Zhu, which is part of the Zhu Zhu pets line which, apparently wasn't all THAT popular with the masses since it was on clearance at Toys R Us today for 1.98. But wait, it gets better. Because this TRU happened to be going out of business, so the hamster was 60 percent off that clearance price, and then another 20 percent off, per yet another hastily hand scrawled-taped up sign saying another 20 percent off. Bottom line, the great treasure cost 30 cents. At that, we could splurge for the armor kit, which set us back 22 cents after discounts on discount's discounts. Nice.

Annabelle and CJ had some epic Kung Zhu battles this afternoon. They may never play with the things again, but we got our money's worth. :)

B&B: This morning we and a dozen or so others were at the first screening of the just re-released (in 3D, for the first time) Beauty and the Beast.

I was surprised how dated the film's animation looked to me. I watched it about 298 times with Rick and Ken on VHS back in the day, and it seemed fresh and new then. To my eye today, it looks every bit as old as the animated "Snow White" and "Cinderella" classics. Granted, they did work a little 3D magic, but it didn't pop off the screen at us. 

That said, it's still a wonderful story and an amazing soundtrack. But I'll let the shorter pundints offer their opinions.

CJ: "Beauty and the Beast has very very good music.  My favorite music is the ending music. I got to admit, that movie has some great music (also some sad music). Overall, Beauty and the Beast gets an A+"

Annabelle: "Beauty and the Beast was a good movie overall, but I'm going to focus on my favorite character, the beast. My favorite scene involving the beast was when he was dancing with Belle. I think the Beast was mean at first, later, he learend to love and turned human again."

SHORT STUFF: We did math and some reading, of course, today, but this post is going to be brief. We're heading south west tomorrow, hopefully ahead of the snow, and I have a ton of cleaning and organizing to do. Our next report will be from the road. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment