Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Little Pony Mural


FINALLY FINISHED:  We started this 'little' paint project back in December. Annabelle decided she wanted a My Little Pony Themed mural on her walls. So, that's what we did.

We started by finding Ponies she liked, and making composite scenes of them in different My Little Pony backgrounds. We were going for a 360-wrap around look.

We painted in fits and bursts, 15 minutes here, an hour there. Everything had so many colors and layers, it was a slow-going process. That, and Annabelle is an exacting task master. I can't tell you how many nights I was summoned into Annabelle's room at bedtime for some critiquing and change orders - everything from eyelashes to Cutie Marks (you know, those little icons on the ponies' flanks). But that was OK. Nothing wrong with wanting things right.

And, of course, we had to have little details, like Annabelle's custom-designed "Honey Bee," (her alter pony ego, as her nickname's Bee). And there's also a CJ pony, of course.

The closet doors vexed me for a couple weeks. I just didn't know what to do with them. Finally, one day, when looking at MLP photos online, I saw a map of Equestria (their homeland). Bingo! Painting that was a bear, but fun. On the other closet door, we used magnetic paint and made a blank billboard, so Annabelle can post her art in Ponyville.

Here's hoping she continues to love My Little Pony for at least a few more months. ...




No comments:

Post a Comment