Friday, May 10, 2013

Electrified

 
FLOATERS:  Yesterday evening we finally got around to using a Groupon we'd bought months ago for a two-hour rental of an electric boat to motor around Lake Union.

It was a nice big boat, with plenty of room for our party of 7 (the big boys, Kennedy's girlfriend, the MPA kids, plus Christian and me).  We boarded at The Electric Boat Company dock, on the west side of Lake Union, a bit south of the "Sleepless in Seattle" houseboat.

I loved, Loved, LOVED cruising in an electric boat. It was so peaceful and quiet compared to motorboats, and there weren't the stinky exhaust fumes either.

We puttered around, past Gasworks Park.
It was perfect out - sunny, warm and no wind (much to the sailboat's chagrin, I suppose).
We crossed under bridges, including the Eastlake and Montlake ones, pictured below.
At sunset, we started chasing the sun.
Above is the Aurora Bridge, and below is the Ballard Bridge.
I think CJ's favorite part of the trip was when Pink Floyd came on the boat's radio. He started busting some moves.
It was a great time, and I sure hope The Electric Boat Company has another Groupon some day (but I'll bet it's not going to be during summertime, the height of boating season).

TRANSPLANT:  Our seeds sprouted and outgrowing our counter top greenhouse, it was time to plant them in the garden.
Annabelle helped prep the big raised bed.
We have high hopes for CJ's pumpkins (keep your fingers crossed!).

COOKIES FOR A CAUSE: The learning center where the kids take their Friday  computer programming class held a fund raiser today, selling homemade stuff donated by program participants. You had to know I'd take cookies. It was a good opportunity to try my Star Trek cookie cutters for the first time.
And I broke out the Star Wars cookie cutters, too. Those are always a hit, and so much fun to make. I think I took about 40 cookies in all.

Who knew when I saw "Star Wars" back in '77 that I'd be making Star Wars cookies 36 years later. Wow.



1 comment:

  1. Love the bridge photos. And your vegetables are awesome, like the cookies.

    ReplyDelete