Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday


FUNNY MUG:  Annabelle is continuing to work on her Einstein-related art project. She's rebooted, and decided to make a short animation, inspired by one of the lectures about length contraction from the Einstein class. I predict she'll finish it over the weekend, so be looking for it soon. Here's a sneak peak at one of the characters. It's kawaii version of Mr. Einstein, of course. Y'all have probably seen the famous photo it's modeled after.
Oh, in case you're wondering, kawaii is "the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture," per Wikipedia. Kawaii characters, per Annabelle, always have big, round eyes and a mouth shaped like a backwards 3. Interesting. Though he was given a "cute" makeover, it's still unmistakably Albert, isn't it? 

SWIMMINGLY: The kids started asking if they could go swimming today before 10 a.m., I do believe. It was not warm and not sunny, but that means the outdoor municipal pool in our neighborhood wouldn't be crowded, so I gave them a definite maybe..
SWIMMINGLY: The kids started asking if they could go swimming today before 10 a.m., I do believe. It was not warm and not sunny, but that means the outdoor municipal pool in our neighborhood wouldn't be crowded, so I gave them a definite maybe

Fortunately for them, Christian was up for some splashing action, and so off they went, from 5:30 to 7:30.

By all reports, they had a grand ol' time. They even came home sporting tattoos.
SCRATCHED: We headed down to West Seattle for the kids computer programming class, only to find out the community center's computer lab was basically non functional this morning. BUMMER. The kids stayed and messed around with a couple of non-network based things and visited with some friends, but we ditched early.

SEW WHAT?:  Over the past few weeks, Annabelle has asked me a couple of times about sewing, so yesterday while they were in yoga, I killed some time in a nearby Jo-Ann fabric store, looking at patterns.

I found this one in a pattern book. ...
It looked good, given it is an 'Easy Sew' and lots of options (two shirts, a dress, pants, and a couple of jackets). The store I was at yesterday afternoon was OUT of the pattern though. I was miffed, but undeterred. So today, we stopped at a different Jo-Ann and not only did they have it, but the pattern went on sale today and it was only $1!!!! I saved $12 for my inconvenience. Cool!

I told Annabelle we can go pick out some fabric this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment