Friday, May 17, 2013

Into the Wild

OVER THE RIVER: This is going to be a short one, as we spent 7 hours in the car today.  The reason for the lengthy drive was a visit to Siletz, Ore, which is just inland of Newport, Ore., which is on the north central Oregon Coast.

It was a full Honda Fit, what with two kids, two dogs, luggage and a few dozen carefully packed custom cookies on board.

I managed to forget the cable that connects my camera to my computer, so this blog post is entirely photo free, which doesn't happen often. My apologies.

But stay tuned, because I took lots of interesting photos today, including a series of shots of a 75-pound pig carcass being butterflied. You know you want to see that! ;) Tomorrow bright and early Petunia is going on a fire pit, poor delicious thing. As CJ said today during the process, "It's not very pleasant seeing the pig getting butchered." He shared that he much prefers just buying meat at the store.  Can't say that I disagree with him, but I think it's very educational to get to see the anatomy of the pig like they did, and to realize that meat doesn't just come from nature wrapped in plastic on Styrofoam trays.

And so we bid you adieu until Monday.  Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Should not give a name to what's going to be dinner.

    ReplyDelete