Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Splish Splash

AMUSING; Monday, we were up with the early birds and made a five-hour road trip to western Idaho, destination Silverwood Theme Park.

We'd been there once before, earlier this summer, but it was a working visit, so this go 'round was just for fun, and much fun was had!

We arrived just a couple minutes after the gates opened at 11 a.m., and Christian and CJ were riding in the front car of the Corkscrew just a few minutes later.  



Annabelle wasn't feeling the big bad rides, so we stuck to a (super drenching) raft ride, bumper boats, and air-cushioned bumper cars.

Below is Bee going in for the kill vs. CJ. Too funny.

On our way home on Tuesday, we stopped by the awesome Moses Lake Surf and Slide water park. It was our second visit there, and it was every bit as much fun as the first. 

Annabelle shares her impressions of Silverwood and Surf and Slide following. ... 
My most memorable moment from Boulder Beach (at Silvewood) would be when we were on the Ricochet Rapids slide, in a large tube. There was a drop about a quarter of the way through the slide, and it was kinda scary! We managed to survive, though. 
The most memorable thing from the theme park portion of Silverwood for me was probably the bumper cars. They went surprisingly fast, and it was my first time on those bumper cars. It was fun to bump into other cars and spin in circles.
And lastly, my most memorable moment from Surf N’ Slide in Moses Lake is probably a spectacular wipeout I had on the bodyboarding wave simulator. At first, it was just a normal wipeout where I got to calmer waters and my board stopped moving. But then I stood up in the whitewater and I was immediately knocked down! It was pretty funny.
CJ has impressions to share, as well. 
My family recently went on a trip through Washington and into Idaho to visit the Silverwood Theme Park. Silverwood is divided into 2 parts: "Silverwood," which is inspired by conventional amusement parks and is land based, and "Boulder Beach," a jumbo-sized water park with several slides and attractions.On the way back home, we visited the Surf 'N Slide Water Park in Moses Lake, WA, where there is an artificial wave. In this report, I will detail what my most memorable moment at all three locations was.
In Silverwood, the ride I remember the most was probably the "Tremors" ride. Tremors is one of two wooden rollercoasters at the theme park, with the other being the "Timber Terror" ride, which I also went on. Tremors is arguably the most popular rollercoaster at Silverwood, as the lines for it got pretty long. Before you go on the ride, there are several warnings about keeping safe on the ride, as Tremors is very fast-paced and there are several shallow caves. While I was riding on Tremors, I constantly felt like I was going to be decapitated, because my head appeared to get very close to the top of the various caves on the ride.
In Boulder Beach, the ride I remembered most was one of the slides on "Rumble Falls", an attraction which included 4 slides. Before going on one of the Rumble Falls slides, you would get a single-person or two-person tube from a pile next to the line. Once you got to the top of the ride tower, you would pick one of the 4 slides you wanted to ride on. I chose the open slide, as I often feel trapped in closed-tube slides. It was a nice experience going down one of the Rumble Falls slides, and I would do it again if we went to Boulder Beach again.
In the Surf 'N Slide Water Park, over in Moses Lake, I especially remember their cruise-ship style wave bodyboarding and surfing simulator, as I don't know any other water parks that have one. At Surf 'N Slide's bodyboarding simulator, the lifeguard will mount a bodyboard for you shortly in front of the wave. Once you get on and nudge the board enough, you get shot onto the wave simulator, which is very exciting and fun. Nine times out of ten, your ride will end by wiping out, usually with a smile on your face. Occasionally, your ride will end by you drifting to the landing area, so you can give the bodyboard to the next person in line.



Above, CJ waves from the top of a slide in Moses Lake. Below, he rethinks jumping off the high dive. 
He chose to return to the ground and rethink it once. But to his credit, he got back up there and jumped off - multiple times!
He also enjoyed the drop off slide multiple times. :)
Between Silverwood and Moses Lake, we stayed the night in Spokane at a cool motel called Ruby2. If you're OK with occasional train noise, this place is terrific. Super cool artwork, a nice room, and a good price. 
Just to the left of the frame above, they had a silent movie showing on the side of the building after dusk. Neat-o.


1 comment: