Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Feverish


HOT STUFF: It's summer, so no surprise it's warm out. But here in Seattle, it's way toastier than usual. I can't remember the last time it rained. 

Have I mentioned we live in Seattle?

Right now, we're under an EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING per all the weather updates I checked  out (by the way, the all caps are all theirs). 

And as I look ahead this month  (forecasts for all of August), there's no precipitation to be seen. 

In the meantime, while out and about today, we passed a little spray park in Tukwila

It wasn't a place to get big fun wet, but the kids did manage to get damp. :)

STIMULATING THE ECONOMY: If you know me, you know I despise shopping. Well, at least in the traditional sense. I love an estate or garage sale, and shopping salvage and thrift stores. What I despise is the standard American shopping model ... places like Wal-Mart and any mall. That said, sometimes  you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yesterday, we needed to hit up a store at the mall to get special hangers that reduce the space taken up in our closets. Since we were in the mall, Annabelle, who has freshly pierced ears, wanted to visit Claires. 

While she went there, I became *that person* who sat on a couch in the mall for whatever reason. Yup, I was the Mall Couch Waiter Person.

Can you see the kids hustling back my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment