Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Bright Lights


PICTURE PERFECT: Back in my photojournalist days (seems like forever ago), I used to routinely share photos on a great site, Morguefile.com. I kinda all but forgot about my stuff there. I was surprised to get an email today letting me know this photo was featured as their "Creative Spotlight." Taken inside EMP/MoPOP, it's probably my favorite photo of CJ Kisky and Annabelle Kisky, ever. On Twitter, when I posted it, EMP said it was their favorite photo (to date) from inside their museum. :)

When I checked in today, I was also a little surprised to find the photos I've parked on Morguefile had been downloaded 277,000 plus times.
Happy to share. It beats the hell out of pics sitting on my hard drive, collecting 'dust.'
All in all, just a plug to say Morguefile.com is a nice place to park photos you think others could benefit from. It's used primarily by journalists and graphic designers from all around the world.

BOOKING: We spent the morning looking at maps of Europe and plotting a path. We're leaving at the end of the month for a 10-day, whirlwind trip, and we're trying to balance seeing things and ground covered with driving time. Lots to consider!

So far, we've figured out Gatwick to Dover (with a stop at Canterbury). Then a ferry to Dunkirk, a drive up to Bruges, a trip over to a labyrinth that encompasses three countries, and a stop at Europe's number one space museum, in Speyer, Germany. 
Then, we need to make our way across the middle of France to Normandy. I really want to see the D-Day museum and beach.

Ambitious plans. Time will tell how it all plays out. ... 

SUN SHOW: Although Ol' Sol is totally muted 'thanks' to the horrific forest fires in our region, word has it that it has been putting on quite a show.

Specifically, we read a post today on Space.com letting us know that the sun had unleashed its most powerful solar flare in a decade.
Credit: SDO/AIA/Steve Spaleta

Video here: https://www.space.com/38057-sun-unleashes-decades-strongest-solar-flare.html?utm_content=bufferad3e1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Naturally, my mind went to "I wanna see the Northern Lights!!!" immediately.

However, I have to think the oppressive smoke cover our entire region is experiencing would make it nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment