Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Beware the Ides of March

DOWN AND OUT: This report is coming to you from the basement of MPA. It's where I've taken up residence, as of last night, when a two day headache intensified and was accompanied by some other symptoms (chills, fatigue, rumble gut).

The good news is, while it's painful, to be sure, I'm not having any respiratory trouble beyond a bit of a stuffy nose. The bad news is, I don't know what this affliction is. Given the pandemic times we're in, it makes sense for me to isolate. 

I'd love to get a test to see if I'm COVID-19 positive, but that's out of the question. There are no tests to be had unless you're rich and famous (which is infuriating) or unless you're a medical professional on the front lines (which I TOTALLY understand). 

So here I sit, clueless regarding what's afflicting me.

Life goes on, however, in our new normal. I did get to spend some time with the kids today, outside, of course. We pulled weeds at a distance, along the driveway.

I gave them a to-do list, of course. That included another art session with author and illustrator Justin J. Krosocza.

Today's lesson was about facial expressions.
 Some faces were angry.

 Others looked worried.
 Fortunately, some were happy.

It looks like the kids did some dual-doodles again today, where one starts a drawing and the other person finishes it. It looks like we have a Christmas tree doing some Christmas shopping is going on below.
 And this hybrid alien is an interesting collaboration .
 I don't think I posted the final final of Annabelle's elephant yesterday. Isn't it cute?
CJ's winter quarter is officially over, so today the kids went back to learning Japanese on Mango Languages, free through Seattle Public Libraries. 

Our St. Patrick's day revelry was limited to Annabelle making a tasty corned beef in our Instant Pot.watching the Dropkick Murphys livestream a concert from Boston. 
This is the first time in 24 years they haven't played for a crowd on St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment