Monday, April 27, 2020

Homebodies

VANTAGE POINTS: So, this weekend we stayed home. Again. It's who we are and what we do.

Our new storage space is all built out, and blends in nicely to the west of our residence. As I was installing a waterproof coating on the deck around it, I was treated to a great view of Tahoma (Mt. Rainier).
Looking down, I could spy our small field of clover, which we planted early last spring, for our bees.  (Check out how big the rhubarb are!)
 I'm happy to see the clover is finally starting to produce some flowers. 
 Come and get it, bees!
 We have so many pretty orange poppies in our yard this year. I love them!

The rhododendron by our front door is putting on a show. I know I'm probably pretty alone in this, but I'm really not a rhodie fan. However. this shrub is doing its best to win me over. 

Meanwhile, indoors, I'm happy to report our seeds that were so disappointing and slow to show are finally getting with the growing program. Look at all of our eggplant starts (below).
We've never grown eggplant before. Fingers crossed that we get these tiny starts to full-fledged, producing plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment