Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Abbreviated

SHORT REPORT: So, we did things today, I just did a poor job of documenting said things. CJ had Japanese class, Annabelle had a writing class. We worked together to make yummy Parmesan chicken wings in the air fryer. (This was our second go-round on those. Version 1.0 was *really* good, but Version 2.0 was even better. However a Version 3.0 is in the offing. We can do better.)

Christian and I were both working from home today, but we four got together for a misty noontime walk. As we descended our driveway I spied some greenery I hadn't noticed before. "What's that?" I wondered aloud. 

No one in the family had any input, so I pulled out my phone with my newly-installed Google Lens app and took a quick shot. "Giant goldenrod, identified with #GoogleLens" was the almost instantaneous report.

Turns out it's a member of the sunflower family. Interesting. Per Wikipedia, "(Solidago gigantea) is a widespread species known from most of non-arctic North America east of the Rocky Mountains. It has been reported from every state and province from Alberta to Nova Scotia to Florida to Texas, and also from the state of Nuevo León in northeastern Mexico." So the giant goldenrod gets around, it seems.

Meanwhile, the daisies, in all heights and sizes, are also coming on strong.
So there you have it, another garden blog from MPA. 

I suppose it will be kind of nice to have all of this on record, for posterity, regarding what's blooming where and when around the campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment