Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday

STORYTELLER: We spent the morning on the books the kids are working on writing and illustrating. CJ completed his storyboard for his book, planning the words and picture on each page. As a result of his doing so, we were able to generate a hunting and gathering list of supplies he needed, such as modeling clay for his dog, a box for his museum building, fake grass, some background materials and so on.

He chose the colors for his dog, and sculpted a prototype of its face. He also had to disassemble the dinosaur and paint the bones white.
Annabelle also worked on her storyboard. ALL ABOARD: It wasn't yellow, and it didn't head to school, but the kids did get to ride a bus today.Yesterday when we went to the Microsoft testing, the kids and I drove down and picked up Christian, who left his car behind at work. So this morning he took a different car to work, and the kids and I caught a bus to Sodo (south of downtown) to pick up the extra car down there. As we boarded, I paid the fare and the kids slid into a seat - a 3-wide bench seat right behind the driver. I soon sat down to join them and immediately saw a wheelchair decal next to where Annabelle was sitting. I said, "Look, these seats are for disabled people. The next time the bus stops we need to move." At that, a woman on the bank of 3 seats (also marked for disabled riders) across from us said, "Very observant. That's nice. No one ever pays attention to that." And so we moved. And then one stop later a young couple got on and sat where we had been. The woman across from them pointed out they were in seats reserved for disabled riders and I heard the guy say, "We'll be getting off soon." I guess his idea of soon was Magnolia to downtown. ...

ACCORDING TO CJ:
This morning CJ said, "I feel like I'm at Nonnie and Bops." I asked him why and he said ,"Because it smells like Nonnie and Bops." I had to tie that to the fact that I'd made them pancakes for breakfast today, for the first time in weeks/months. :) And even earlier this a.m. CJ pointed out to me, "I got the laptop set up by myself. Without your help. Kind of impressive for a 7-year-old, isn't it?"

1 comment:

  1. The book projects look like fun and work. I'm looking forward to reading them.

    And just how much set up did he do? Load an OS?

    ReplyDelete