Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When Ketchup Attacks

FIRST THINGS FIRST: We were a little early for yoga camp this morning, so we hit the park across the street. Here, Bee is attempting to use the rope to climb to the platform. She looks pretty darn cute doing so, but didn't quite make it up today.

CJ, on the other hand, wasn't smiling on his ascent. His expression was one of gritty determination.And he made it to the top. :)

We'll be back for more tomorrow. And I think Annabelle will rise to the occasion.

WATER WORKS: After yoga, we made a brief stop at Christian's work to say 'Hi.' The kids just love the fountain there, because it's interactive. They can turn valves to control the water flow.

CLEAN SWEEP: This afternoon, I asked the kids to each put away 26 things. CJ was all over the assignment, knocking it out in no time. Annabelle, well, let's just say she wasn't as motivated.
CJ noticed her lack of production. "If I'm the one who's doing most of the work, then I'm the one's who's getting a promotion," he declared. That cracked me up. I'm not sure what kind of promotion he is/was expecting!

THE DOCTOR IS IN: I was shocked to see a Dr. Joyce Brothers column about homeschooling appear in my inbox today via a homeschooler email list. The shock wasn't the content - in fact, I nodded my head in agreement with all of it. What surprised me is that Dr. J is still alive and still a columnist. (I know, mean, but I thought she was really old when I was a kid and now I'm really old!)

AFTER NOON: Annabelle had her weekly ballet lesson today, and while she was so engaged, CeeJ and I hit the Magnolia Public Library in search of more Captain Underpants fun and adventure. We found three more books in the series (numbers 6, 7, 8), and checked them all out. CJ hadn't had his nose in that book more than 10 minutes when he was talking about ketchup packets and a practical joke. ...

Dunno about you but I ALWAYS pack ketchup packets in my purse, so we had that aspect covered. CJ explained to me he needed to put a ketchup packet under each of the 'bumps' on a toilet seat ... That's easy enough.
CeeJ had decided Christian should be his victim. So, as soon as Christian walked through the door, CJ (NOT Rico Suave) asked/ordered, "Don't you have to go to the bathroom? " and suggested Christian grab a newspaper and directed him to the downstairs bathroom. Naturally, Christian knew that Something Was Up immediately and sized up the toilet- with its bulging ketchup packets - with a jaundiced eye.

So he passed on the opportunity. ;)

CJ, not to be denied, decided HE would use the toilet.


WARNING!!!

GRAPHIC

KETCHUP

SPLATTERED

TOILET

IMAGE

FOLLOWS:


And this, I promise, is the last photo of a toilet you'll see on this blog for a looooooong time. Perhaps FOREVER.

LETTUCE ENTERTAIN YOU: Our greens are going gangbusters. Tonight we all (some more than others) enjoyed some lettuce from our garden.

IN THE BAG: This evening Annabelle went outside to play. Within a minute or two she ran back inside. I heard her say she needed something, but that she was going back outside. OK by me.

About 10 minutes later she came tottering in, wearing a yard debris bag she'd crafted into a costume. LOL!!!Apparently on her earlier trip in she'd grabbed some scissors and duct tape. The crafting queen strikes again!

BLOGGERS BEWARE: Should you find yourself in Tapei and feel tempted to comment on bad food you've been served, think twice.

1 comment:

  1. EEK -It's a compost monster! Come to steal our baby lettuce!

    Awesome fountain.

    ReplyDelete