Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Campers

CAMP CONCLUDES: We made our trek cross town this morning for the final day of yoga camp. We got there early, so the kids enjoyed 10 minutes of part time before getting down to 'work.' CJ begged me to ride the teeter totter with him. I happily obliged. When class concluded, I (at the teacher's request) took a group photo. All in all the kids had a really good time and the camp was well worth the money and effort to attend.MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH: While the kids were at yoga, instead of hanging out in Columbia City, I came back home. I had a little project to finish. Namely, the cookies we started yesterday that will be heading to the firing room at the Rocket Ranch for the July 8 launch of Atlantis.

I really didn't have a plan for how I was going to decorate them. I just found a good photo of a shuttle on the pad and winged it from there.
What a fun project this was. I used the outline (black) and flood (white) approach for the bodies last night. Today, I did the drawing on them with edible ink markers.

EASY AFTERNOON:
The kids had a grand ol' time this afternoon. First, they went over to Queen Anne with Rick, to a newish yogurt shop, Menchies. I'd never heard of the place before, but turns out it's part of a nationwide (plus Canada) company (their Web site is very slick). Customers pick the kind of soft serve yogurt they want, add the toppings they want and pay by the ounce. It got six thumbs up from the three siblings.

When the kids got home, their favorite babysitter, our across the street neighbor, stopped by and invited them to accompany her and her dog to the park. They were thrilled to do that, of course.

TAMALE:
I think maybe tomorrow we'll actually break out the math books again - if we can find them.

SAY WHAT?:
This afternoon CJ announced, "For my birthday I want a bench press. That way I could work on my abs."

?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment