Friday, July 29, 2011

Looking Back

PLUGGING AWAY: The Great Archive Project continues here at the (very quiet) MPA campus. I have managed to catch up to mid-December of 2010. I hope to be to 2011 before retiring for the evening. Then I'll have "just" seven more months of work to catch up on.

Have I mentioned that I'm hating myself for not archiving all along? :/

The process of copying, pasting, formatting and PDFing (is that a word?) the blog is tedious, but I must say I am thoroughly enjoying revisiting all the photos and doing quick reviews of all the things we've covered in these almost-two years. We've traveled so many miles, and the kids have come such a long way in other ways as well. So in that sense, this project is very rewarding.

RADIO SILENCE: No report from the campers today. I'll just go with the "no news is good news" theory.

GET OUT THOSE GLASSES: Not that you took them from the theater on purpose, but if you do happen to have some of those 3D glasses round your home or office, get 'em on and check this out!
On his Flickr page, Nathanial Burton-Bradford of England offers views of the final space shuttle launch as well as a panorama of the shuttle docked to the International Space Station, and a view of Atlantis' descent to Earth.

PICTURE THIS:
Found this drawing of Bee's while picking up around here today. I didn't see her draw it so I don't have a story to go with it. You'll have to make up your own. :)

1 comment:

  1. You will just love having that project done.

    ReplyDelete