Friday, November 23, 2012

Food & Football

GOBBLE GOBBLE: So, it strikes me I never did get around to posting yesterday. Sorry. That whole Thanksgiving thing got in the way, I guess.

I did about 4-5 hours of prep work Wednesday, but for some reason, it still took another 10 or so on Thursday. Go figure.

I think I overdid it. What a surprise. The big bird wore a bacon sweater. Here's a before photo ...
It crisped up quite nicely.
We also had a Coca Cola ham, a zucchini and fennel salad, mashed potatoes, green beans, cornbread stuffing, gravy, a delightful butternut squash souffle and, of course, snacks during the day (Chex Mix, deviled eggs, and some lovely sausage stuffed mushrooms). Oh, and pumpkin bars and a fabulous cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. Mmm.
Did I mention there was too much food? Of course the upside of that is we have plenty of leftovers, and people to help make a dent in them. 

In addition to eating, we watched football. Lots and lots and lots of football on Thursday and Friday.

Come Friday, the game of the day for us was the Apple Cup. I bought a a variety of apples for the occasion, and we watched the Cougs beat the Huskies. Insert *$&%^$ words here.

2 comments:

  1. Dear God what has the world come to? That latticed bacon jacket beats it all! And I had to go skiing instead –

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would be happy to wrap a turkey in bacon for you any ol' time, Big G.:)

      Delete