Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Here and There

IN TENTS: Reports from campers down south are positive.  They have an enormous, multi-room tent, comfy beds, and the weather is agreeable. Yay for that.

I am going to make a bold prediction: I'll bet CJ has already eaten both of the bags of Doritos that made the trip with the campers.

Here's a near-sunset photo from the campground (Baker Bay), taken by Christian tonight.

BUCKET LIST: Meanwhile, back at MPA, buckets of paint rule the day. I've finished the east end of the house, the north side, and about all of the east side I can reach safely, without a spotter. 

This afternoon, I started working on painting the front wood thingee jutting out from the front's stone facade. It's currently covered in the pastel/minty green color that we're working to make disappear.
Part of my painting today involved drips and drops on on things I didn't mean to paint. Like, the daisies.
 And I got a little paint on the hops. Oops.
STARRY, STARRY NIGHTS: Summertime can be a great time to scan the stars. Recently, 
NPR shared this new video in their "Skunk Bear" series. (Skunk Bear is NPR's science show, during which reporter Adam Cole "explores the secrets of the universe, documents the wonders of nature, and occasionally draws pictures of owls," per NPR.)

Skunk Bear tells us how to find summer constellations,  

No comments:

Post a Comment