Friday, July 13, 2018

Musical

BACK AT IT: The kids and Christian arrived home last night, with loads of dirty laundry, a few mosquito bites and good memories of their trip.

Some of those good memories include songs 'round the campfire. Here's one.


LONG LIVE THE QUEEN: On a hot July afternoon, 33 years and what feels like more than a lifetime ago, I was super pregnant with my first, sweltering through a hot summer, but was so lucky to have cable TV, so that I was able to see a once-in-a-lifetime event.

The occasion was Live Aid. It was a dual-venue (Wembley Stadium in London, JFK stadium in Philadelphia) benefit concertorganized by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for relief of the ongoing Ethiopian famine


I was glued to the television for the entirely of the broadcast.

There were so many wonderful performances, but one group absolutely stole the day. 

Full disclosure: I am a big time Queenie. I have loved the bad forever and a day. But on this day, Live Aid, they SLAYED it.

You really should watch this. I've seen it so many times before, but we watched it again today. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22oy8dFjqc

Long live the Queen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment