Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Eve

TICK TOCK: It's a race against the clock as Halloween looms. Annabelle's outfit is 99.9 percent finished, including her crown and star-topped staff. Hooray.

Today was mostly monkey business. Specifically, flying monkey business.

This project was easier because I wasn't using a confounding Simplicity pattern. Instead, I made my own for the blue bodysuit, using CJ's favorite pajamas as a guide.

As soon as I sewed the pants up though, I thought, "Oh my, that looks a little slim. ..."  Turned out to be a bit of an understatement. Let's just say if CJ makes it through Halloween without ripping the crotch out, it will be a miracle. I triple stitched the area, and fingers are crossed. That, and he's on a restricted diet until after trick-or-treating. :)

CJ took a turn or two at the machine today. He was a Nervous sewer, but it was good that he gave it a whirl.  He also stuffed his own tail. :)
We "just" have the embellishments on his vest to do in the a.m., along with making him a hat. An hour or so tops, I'm hoping.

While we were sewing, Annabelle was working on some of her own crafting. Part of it involved a balloon. She hasn't quite mastered tying them yet, so she showed me her work around - a pipe cleaner and then some glue. LOL!
Amazingly, it worked! I couldn't believe it.

UP NORTH: We did have to interrupt our sewing marathon for math and science classes today.  The kids really enjoyed science, where they experimented with light waves, including laser lights.  In the experiment pictured below, they were shining a laser light toward a mirror, to see how the beam would bend.


No comments:

Post a Comment